The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, August 27, 2005

A bad day for...

...I.T. I remembered why I quit my job at IBM all those years ago. I hate the fact that computers go out of date within 18-24 months, so instead of upgrading software, it makes more sense to get new hardware - to avoid the inevitable incompatibilities.

I have given up trying to revive my father's desktop PC. Looks like he'll get to have my Dell laptop. I am tempted to give up and buy one of the new Intel-based Apple laptops next year. But then, I would rather buy a digital SLR.

Quote of the day: 'Goats have a lot more of a personality to them than sheep do', Bob Duke, Chairman of the ABGA, quoted in The Economist (well, he should know).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home