The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Daydreamin' & Christmas Wishin'

Dear Daddy Claus,

Please, please, please can I have the M/V Explorer as my own life-sized Tonka toy? I want to go to Antarctica.



But then, I want to go to Siberia, travelling by train with Stalin lookalikes (maybe that's Byelorussia, with their mad president), and check out the Kamchatka Peninsula,


especially Klyuchevskaya


In return, I promise to behave myself. Indeed I will conduct myself in a manner befitting my age and status. I will even try and behave myself when I meet that mad lady from Reading University, who seems to have a thing for musical steeds and thinks that camels can play rugby.

Quote of the day: "I always said that if I wasn't studying psychopaths in prison, I'd do it at the stock exchange."

Robert Hare, legend in criminal psychology and creator of the Psychopathy Checklist - the P-Scan.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne Marie said...

Great pictures.

Is this weird or what, but of the thirteen stories I'm taking with me to work on in France, one is set on an icebreaker in the Arctic (the Arctic, Antarctica - same difference! *smirk*) and another is set in Siberia. These places stir the imagiation, don't they?!

9:36 am

 
Blogger Woz said...

It could be weird, or it could be that I have transferred my wanderlust to you (in an easily ingested form - just add water!), and I am actually travelling for free, on your passport.

Remember Ani, that at breakfast, I like my toast almost black.

10:18 am

 
Blogger Anne Marie said...

lol - I think you're going to have to eat that black toast yourself!

10:19 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

Ahhh, but as the bishop said to the rent boy - 'get the butter'.

10:24 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home