The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Inqilaab Zindabad

Yesterday I turned 34. Today, Pakistan turns 58, and India will celebrate its independence from the British tomorrow. I'd rather mention that than tell you that one of the greats of soul, blues and rock & roll, King Curtis, was murdered on the very day I was born.

Listening to: the buzzing of hair clippers, Mandrill and Pucho & His Latin Soul Brothers

Thinking about: fish and taking a bath (but not together)

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne Marie said...

HAppy Birthday (a couple of days late!) Know what, you have the same birthday as my brother. I love Leos, BTW! Best sign in the zodiac.

7:34 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

Ani, thank you, that's very kind of you to say. A couple of close friends are also Leos, but we differ quite markedly in temperament. I also share my birthday with Fidel Castro and Alfred Hitchcock. Like me, Castro was born on a Friday, which goes some way to explain things.

7:45 pm

 
Blogger Anne Marie said...

Friday 13th no less... hahaha - sorry!

10:18 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

When I told my father, some years ago, that I discovered that I had been born on a Friday, he responded with 'That explains why you are so different to other children.'

7:45 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home