The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Editing as a form of applied procrastination

Editing poetry is proving to be a bit of a drag, especially with the older pieces written under the influence of meningitis - the lack of punctuation throws me off the lyrical scent. So, in the best tradition of 'Ideas Likely to Fail™', I will focus on editing my more political poems for a dedicated collection, to give me some focus (and stop me from flirting at work), and then combine them with photographs. Whatever I learn from that, i'll use in other mini-collections.

Lesson I may re-learn: if it's complicated, you succeed, and if it's easy, you back off and fail

Philosopher's quote of the day: 'Wisdom comes with knowing that there is no such thing', by Socrates (according to Plato, but I never liked his ideas on slavery, so couldn't trust him).

Listening to: the breeze in the trees, which I wish I could mimic, as a fleeting caress on the naked back of one whom I desire.

Respect to: Peter Jennings, perhaps the last of a dying breed. Here is John Simpson's tribute.

Musing over: whether this film will return to the UK after all this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home