The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Monday, March 27, 2006

"Bad memories, welcome... you are my long lost youth"

Went to the NFT again last night and caught the superb 'L'Armée des Ombres' by Jean-Pierre Melville, based on the book by Joseph Kessel (who also wrote 'Belle du Jour'). The late, great Lino Ventura was absolutely fantastic. I would like to get hold of it on DVD, but it doesn't appear to be available. I haven't been big on war movies since I was a little kid, but this wasn't so much about war, but about bonds, honour, and this will sound pretentious, but it was poetry, to me at least.

Looking forward to: each day (obviously), but also this

Not looking forward to: spending my day off with paperwork and filing

Listening to: Bill Hicks and Langston Hughes (but not together)

Oh - the title of this post is the quote that opens 'L'Armee des Ombres'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home