The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A few poems

Thanks, as always, to Da Bomb.

'The Revolution (May Yet be Postponed)'

The pigs study Marx
while the crows argue
the case for Hitchcock
against the Chickens and
'The Great Escape'.
The penguins stick
with Attenborough
and the gorillas insist
on 'Planet of the Apes'.
The elephants, however,
hunker down with 'Dumbo'.

All would not be well
in the menagerie.

RISC @Boomtown, 17th March 2006


'I Is What I Is'

I burn between the lips of Gods,
punched pandas in the eyes,
scanned zebra bar codes and
gave seals a voice and the
ability to applaud.
I lent the platypus presence
and the Magic Roundabout purpose,
for I am Sweet Mary Jane -
and it was I who gave you
Richard Pryor, Lennie Bruce
and Bill Hicks.

But I didn't give you Republicans
- even I have my limits.

RISC@Boomtown, 17th March 2006


'ASH'

It matters not that pundits speculate
that intercenine warfare will escalate -
as imminent reduction & withdrawal
prompts politicians to prematurely ejaculate.

The policy wonks are convinced,
contractually at least,
that Iraq has been secured,
and unless they voted Republican,
they will forget the dead and injured.

For wanton destruction and inflated reconstruction in general and Amec, Shell & Halliburton in particular.

Bed, 13th March 2006


'Cheque Please'

In restaurant with all clad black,
you pierce peripheral vision
as darkest turn of promise.

Establishing channel -
communicating succinctly,
yet deeply -
desires are decrypted.

I detect interference
of precious metal band;
as static sizzles,
eyes smile goodbye,
as I slip into the night.

In her presence, 'Va Pensiero', Radlett, 16th March 2006 (thanks to Huggybear for dragging me there)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home