The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Birthday Dinner

Last night I joined the celebrations of Mia's 39th birthday at The Rocket. How great it was to be in the company of six ladies! Lots of stimulating debate and discussion. Some of it reminded me of a couple of past poems.

'Well...'

Just remember,
that whatever else
happens in this world
and beyond,
you can only be you.

Wherever -
however
you end up,
it all begins
and ends,
with you.

Believe in
yourself,
draw strength
from within
and stride on,
my friend,
my love.
Never give in.

3rd February 2004, Berkshire


'A Snowflake to Navigate By'

Just when my
Frosty winter gaze
Needed to be punctured
It came:
A solitary snowflake

Transfixed
Held captive in time
I marvelled at its form -
It looked like a star

Overjoyed
I thanked the heavens
Ra, Thor, Ahura Mazda
For creating such timeless beauty
I praised my God of Small Things
For delivering me
This virginal flake of liberation

I knew it would melt
Before too long
As it did so
The tip of my tongue
Captured this vision
This taste of paradise

'Why?'
Well
I had been travelling
For quite some time
Aware that I had lost
My bearings

But on a winter's day
I was given a star
And
By making it a part of me -
My mind, body and soul
I know
That I will never
Lose myself again

10th December 2003, Berkshire


'A Thought While Shaving'

Moments are what I live for.

Instances make up the sum of my love.

Fragments are all I have,

for I am

just pieces of a man.


Let them think of me

what they will.

They see me through their own eyes

after all.

For it’s not me that they see -

they see themselves and their pasts,

in the mirror

that is me.


Sure,

life would be simpler

if I was free of

feelings,

loose of conscience and

untouched by the hand of honour.

But then,

life would be

a lot less interesting.


22nd January 2004, looking in the mirror


Thinking in a mindscape unknown,

Fearless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home