The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

?

Reading: 'Freakonomics', by Steven Levitt. Ignore the title, it's a great book for the inquisitive economist, and fast becoming a favourite. Here's the review that bought it to my attention.

Listening to: 'Cosmic Slop' by Funkadelic and selections of stand-up routines by Richard Pryor.

Mood: mellow with a slice of watermelon on the side

Debating: bed or poem? Will dream a poem for tomorrow.

Can't sleep. Check out a Bonnie Tyler cover version on kitchen equipment. If you're a fan of Conrad, Coppola and have a secret longing for the latest film version of Dahl's classic story, 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', then check this out.

I leave you with a piece of trivia. Did you know that the screenplay for the film 'Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang' was written by Roald Dahl, and that the original book was written by Ian Fleming, creator of James Bond? Are Blofeld & Scaramanga variations of the Child Catcher? I think we should be told.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How weird - I picked up Freakonomics at the airport - you really ARE my dream date...

unless it's a bestseller and everyone has it... oh, they do?

David
(Still in bloody Germany)

11:31 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

Glad I am some fuckers dream date. Mind you, don't think Kitsune would like you batting for the other side, even if it was for lil ole me.

Pradip is angling to get hold of my copy of 'Freakonomics'. Is he your dream date also?

Anyway, in the style of that 'Singles Ad for Poets' in The Believer mag, I too have decided to write a singles ad for myself - to be circulated amongst close friends, to see if I have learnt a damn thing from the last 9 years of disasters.

Yours, Intrepido/Diablo

12:35 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home