The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I went and f&^ked my luck...

...as this morning I shared a car with Reading's George Formby stunt-double, only to bump into ShitVille's version of Elvis - the very inspiration for my poem, 'Pretender to the Throne'. What do you know? It's the one day I didn't have my camera with me (the battery died over the weekend and the UK charger was only delivered this afternoon).

Arse.

Oh yeah - £1000 for a car service? It's virtually a new car. Well, apart from the new mass airflow sensor that needs to be fitted to give the power unit its oomph back.

Double arse.

Still, it's a great car, is built (and looks) like a tank and isn't the kinda chariot anyone would wanna nick. Still, the day is coming when I will have to replace it - but only when my license has zero points. The shortlist is currently:

  • Audi A4 (worthy but dull)
  • BMW 1 series (camp...and looks too much like a Vauxhall Astra)
  • VW Golf (the ultimate car for tossers - apart from the BMW 3 series)
  • Seat Leon (a Golf for someone with charisma)
  • Alfa Romeo 159 (loved my old 156, and want to rekindle the romance, if not the AA relay relationship)
  • Skoda Octavia (truly bonkers, with turbocharger and four wheel drive)
  • Fiat Stilo Abarth (hehehe, only kiddin' Steve)
Apologies for not having anything interesting to post this evening. I've been busy, but also couldn't be arsed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home