The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A rubberband week

As usual, the jetlag hit me 3 days after my return. That, combined with a WW sales meeting to participate in, urgent actions resulting from the two week APAC tour, one attractive new female employee joining* and moving into a new office (lots of crates to unpack) just fucked my fun, so to speak.

I skipped the Kew concert last Friday, missing Eliades Ochoa, and I also skipped the concert of the last surviving Godfather of Afro-Beat, Tony Allen. I have no idea when I will next get a chance to see him (sod's law says he might croak it before he returns to the UK). Thankfully, I have a very understanding employer, who picked up the tab for my unused tickets.

I did however get to see the West Java 15-piece unit Samba Sunda. I last saw them with Kam at WOMAD in 2003. They were amazing. Colour and life swirling around me. We all had to get on down.

* Yes, I did assure both her line manager and her departmental PA that I would behave myself. Honest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home