The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Friday, July 14, 2006

Weather and Warfare

Landed at Heathrow 5am this morning. I managed to catch the last flight out of Taipei before the airport was closed as Typhoon Bilis came (typhoon season is July to October). I made it to Hong-Kong, met with HL, then flew onto London.

I love storms, I derive great pleasure and excitement from observing them and walking in them. I really wanted to stay and catch Bilis, but I was under significant pressure to get out, and my flight wasn't cancelled, so I lost my ace (it was the same story with Typhoon Longwan last September).

According to Tropical Storm Risk, Bilis is now visiting China.

I missed Mia's birthday. Oops.

On the upside, I managed to finish 'Blindness' by Jose Saramago, nearly four years after I purchased it. It is an amazing piece of literature. It demands a second read. I can't wait to get my copy of his latest book 'Seeing'.

Israel, Hizbollah and Hamas are at it again. The politicians will all live to fight another day, but the civilians will not. Meanwhile, Lebanon, a country I love, is being burnt.

Listening to: Dean Reed (the 'Red Elvis'), and plenty of Def Jam

Musing over: the average breast size in my home town

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home