The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Yeah, I still write...

...sometimes. Here's something I salvaged from a notebook.

'Abra Cadaver'

…and then the blade snapped. I tentatively went in, fingers first. Initially the flesh resisted, then yielded, as if out of curiosity, before suckering me in, wrist-deep.

It was impossible to extricate the blade. As I edged towards success, I would make a last grasp, only for gravity to reciprocate and snatch the blade from my floundering tentacles.

As time slithered by, my desperation grew. I needed more working space, so I pulled open with both hands, inadvertently ripping him wide apart, exposing all under the bonnet. But that blade slid for shelter.

All told, it took me two hours with a bread knife, long-nosed pliers and a ladle before I secured that glistening remnant. Of course, he was a mess, like a deflated ‘what the fuck?’ – with various organs hanging out. Staggering back, he appeared as a car wreck, surrounded by discarded parts.

But I should have made sure he was dead first.

28th February, Seoul & 11th March 2006, Taipei

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home