The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I can see clearly now *

* apologies to everyone, as they won't get the private reference (apologies also to Johnny Nash)

In this morning's post I received the report on 'Publishing Opportunities for Black & Asian Poets' that the Arts Council of England commissioned through the organisation Spread the Word. Some of you (if anybody is reading this) may remember that about a year ago I prepared a submission to the Arts Council. I haven't yet read the report, but browsing through it disheartened me, formatted as it was like a glossy brochure with poems and a pathetic call to action at the rear. I fear that the Arse Council and Spread the Turd have failed to grasp a golden opportunity. I am not sure what annoys me more - the fact they stayed true to form, or the fact that it was confirmed to me in print through my letter box, which is a bit like (quoting old colleague Aris) having someone shit on my chest.

Listening to: Roland Kirk's 'Volunteered Slavery'. Not the cookin' version live from the Montreux Jazz Festival of '72, but one that starts with choral conviction - simmerin', but never burnin'. Also listening to Midlake's latest CD, 'The Trials of Van Occupanther' and 'The Life Acquatic Sessions' by Seu Jorge, which I first heard in March 2005 when in SF with 'D'.

Thinking about: pigeon sex (with eachother, not with me) & privacy, as well as pubic lice (has an animation student ever submitted a piece of animation about them?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home