The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Flight MU586 blues...

This trip has been something quite rough and tumble. I think i'll write about it - working title 'Are We There Yet?'

But no, I won't write it yet.

However, I did write a handful of shorts.


'Confession'

Beards
and
sandals
make me
throb
and
pray,
so
I done
told
my
momma
that
Jesus
made
me gay.
Amen.



'Clash of Belief Systems'

Revving up the righteousness
and incandescent indignation,
you thwack me with your
metaphorical tambourine.

Avenging my lack of
adherence to your zero-sum
religious ideology, I must
make one confession
as you prepare my cross -

this isn't quite what I meant
when I said I wanted
to be nailed by you.



'Showdown at HoJo's'

Smacked down
in the heart of town,
Nasty shuffles away
vowing to fight another day.

Exit Nasty, stage right!

The generously voluptuous lady,
her face still flush with anger
and nursing her trembling, throbbing palm,
takes centre stage, and begins to sing.

The bystanders applause,
as a divorce lawyer appears,
as if by magic.

HoJo's: Howard Johnson hotel

Stranded in a Monsoon, China Eastern Airlines flight MU586, not leaving Shanghai for Beijing, 4th July 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home