The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Thursday, June 29, 2006

'Leave me alone, I don't have a tambourine'

Yep, ol' Wozzy boy got mugged by a Christian terrorist in a car park. Why not finish a pleasant conversation with 'goodbye' rather than 'I hope you convert to Christianity without upsetting your family'? To think that I gave 'regular' answers to her questions rather than what I would normally run with.

Listening to: Dom Chapman's debut album 'Unexploded Bombshell'. I could refer to this as the ultimate definition of 'blue-eyed soul', or tell you that in songwriting terms, this has shades of Cat Stevens, Bernie Taupin & Elton John (before Reg became a bitchy queen), but it's to miss the point. Yes there are influences, but this is very much the man's own life and music. He's a rarity today in that he can write, sing and actually reach out and say something to even the most jaded (like Marvin Gaye and his magnum opus 'What's Goin' On?'). Soul cleansing, soul brother. Give it a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home