The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ah

OK, so it didn't quite work out. The booking service called me during my osteopathy session to explain that Ognisko didn't have a table, so the iPod Perv (40GB and counting) and I lunched at Gaby's. Ok, the staff are miserable as getting a butt-kicking beside a kebab van during a wet weekend in Telford, but the Salt Beef Special is perhaps the World's most filling sandwich (the latka is pretty decent too). We couldn't eat for the rest of the day.

As for '40 Shades...', the acting was top notch (especially the leads), none of the characters were sympathetic (okaaaay) and the script was...(very) thin. The soundtrack was sublime, with some original compositions by Dickon Hinchcliffe of The Tindersticks.

Now I must clear up the mess at home. My office moved while I was away, and although most of my gear is in several crates in the new building, some of the stuff is actually here with me - as well as my stuff from the two week trip away.

Listening to: Tom Ze, Rita Lee, early Os Mutantes & Charles Trenet (Boum!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home