The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Frida Kahlo

I managed to see the Frida Kahlo exhibition at the Tate Modern yesterday. I was not so keen on the self-portraits (but admired the honesty of showing her faint moustache), but was taken by her later paintings, when she was seeking equilibrium and peace. Perhaps the works that captivated me most were the drawings from the mid 1930s to the mid 1940s, especially the 'All Seeing Eye'. Something in that drawing took me straight back to my childhood - and I was left standing there, a boy of six years old.

I wonder how I will feel when I see the works of Edvard Munch at the Royal Academy next week?


Browsing: photographs of Steve McCurry, and the works of various photographers celebrating the 50th birthday of the Magnum agency.

Listening to: my heart

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

surely not a faint moustache!?

1:59 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home