The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Feck, feck, feck



No siree Bob, no commutin' today. The electrics on my car are suspect, so I trudged 2.5 miles in the snow to collect a rental. On the way I spied two lorries stuck at the bottom of the hill, waiting for rescue. Few cars, no buses. I could see grit under bits of ice (a timing issue?) Got to the rental depot to be told that they consider me insane, so after agreeing with them, I trudged back 2.5 miles, sans car. The hill was slow going, and on reaching the top I discovered fallen telephone cables. In my road alone there seems to be 8-10 inches (as a bloke I should exaggerate and say 16 inches) in the centre of the road itself, although the edges are a little lower.

All being said, I did get a decent workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home