The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Other jazz musicians I am not seeing


I had a ticket to go and see Archie Shepp at the Jazz Cafe this evening. Just as something went wrong with the Donald Byrd gig last weekend (he pulled out), something had to go wrong with this one. I bowed out with a case of the lurgies. Thanks to my colleagues recently returned from Las Vegas - Kristof, H, TKS. It'll make my flight to Beijing this Sunday a memorable experience, as I scare stewardesses and children alike with my coughing.


I've just found out that Alice Coltrane, innovative jazz pianist and wife of the late, great John Coltrane, passed away at the weekend. Her obit on NPR is here.

Listening to: 'Journey in Satchidananda' by Alice Coltrane (a fantastic album on Impulse from 1970)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home