The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Memory & perception

"Life is not how you live it, it's how you remember it."
Gabo


"As long as there's one person to believe it, there's no story that can't be true."
Paul Auster

Feeling: sated and unable to walk, following family lunch at my brother's

Ambivalent over: my rewrite of the 2003 poem 'Being There' (so i'll leave it to Da Bomb)

Reading: the essays of George Orwell

Looking for: a small, simple writer's desk

Thinking about: Russell Brand's show on R2 last night, where he mentioned 'nan kids' - kids raised by their nans, who adopt their nan's speech and expessions. He's absolutely right - I remember a nan kid from both primary and secondary school, Neil. I'm buggered if I remember the nickname we gave him. I know that some of the nicknames used were Granny (Tracy), Betty (John Betteridge), Wobbler (Richard Darling, because his bubble butt wobbled when he ran), Smiler (Chris Screen), Hambo (Paul Hatter), etc. Oh, and 'Woz' of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home