The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Work out, write up and read through

Amazingly, the editing is working out really well. With significant time and distance between the events that shaped those poems and the present, I am now able to add shape, clarity, and reveal exactly what I was thinking and feeling at that time, which many of the original poems only ever hinted at. Thanks to Da Bomb for all her help. There's a grand total of 378 pieces, mostly poetry, with a few pieces of prose poetry and flash fiction. I reckon that about a third to a half need some form of editing (poems written from 2005 onwards have been in much better shape from the get-go, as I had taken the time to craft them). That editing will often involve total rewrites. A few of these poems will not be edited or rewritten, if I feel the message within is not worth voicing.

Finished reading: 'Birding Babylon', based on the blog of the Iraqi-based squaddie cum bird watcher from Connecticut, as well as Craig Murray's 'Murder in Samarkand'. On the list of half-finished books to tackle next are Philippe Sands' 'Lawless World', Flann O'Brien's 'The Third Policeman' and Olivia Judson's 'Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation'. Will I finish all three before I return to work? Will I bugger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home