The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Further potential ads for the LRB

'Mano a mano, hombre a hombre, you ain't a man 'til you have been with a man, gringo.' M35, seeks F to 80, to prove his mother wrong.

Knees up Mother Brown. George Formby stunt-double, 35, seeks F to 111, with the attributes to make him twang his ukulele into a state of post-orgasmic bliss.

I have dreadful luck with women. Male, 35, invites you to add to his continuing state of disbelief in innovative ways. Patent-pending methods especially welcome.

I don't have an Oedipal complex. 'Mummy's special boy', 35, wallowing in denial, seeks to be taken in hand by F to 69.

I am 72.6% water. Drink me. M, 35, seeks lipstick marks on his glass that don't belong to his father.

The pieman cometh. Well, he (M, 35) would if he could find a buxom pastry chef (F to 102) whose prowess with a rolling pin would bring tears to his eyes.

Lucky in life, unlucky in love. No! Wait! The test results are negative! M35, seeking buxom broad for matronly aftercare.

Save me from my right hand. Serial self-abuser, M35, seeks loquacious self-help expert and voyeur, F to 256, to encourage him to stick with the left, if only for old time's sake.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny mate. These deserve publishing in a little book of personal ads. A new project for you or Harry perhaps?

10:55 am

 
Blogger Woz said...

Thanks matey. Unfortunately, the LRB beat me to it by doing their own compilation of true ads, running since '98:

http://www.lrbshop.co.uk/product.php?productid=2488

Having said that, my ads stretch the format further, and they mirror some short pieces I wrote back in 1995 for the 'Romeo Patel Dating Agency' - I reckon these would keep Harry busy (although he has enough projects already).

Cheers!

x

11:20 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home