The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Friday, December 15, 2006

Yippee!

I edited three old poems this afternoon in a cafe in Richmond. I say 'edited'...I really mean 'rewrote'. The long walk in Kew and the heartening lasagne did the trick.

The day started off in a slightly surreal manner, as a swan was walking along the very busy, three lane, Kings Road in East Reading (it carries traffic heading out to the M4 J10). It was obviously lost and confused (but still supremely arrogant) - if it was out Christmas shopping, it should have turned back, and cut across Vastern Road.

Mind you, this isn't new to me. I remember an incident 18 years ago, when a flock of geese walked past the bus stop where my neighbour and I were waiting. We just stood there speechless while the geese surveyed the relative lack of water (it had been raining, but not heavily, and we were several miles from the nearest waterway). They quacked and cackled at us for a bit before they strolled on, leaving us wondering if we should call the RSPCA, or pre-heat the oven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home