The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Friday, May 12, 2006

Almost...

...home. Landed at 5am this morning and was driven to the office (breakfast and conference call before I get to skedaddle).

How does one end a trip? Probably not by getting drunk with the general manager of the hotel you're staying in. But Joachim and I spent ages talking about Taiwan's politics, the hotel trade and my pet hobby, Lebanon. Interesting character, and I look forward to meeting him again when I go back out in early July.

Thursday morning didn't get off to a good start, as I dropped my breakfast tray (coffee & croissant) at Taipei airport, causing heavy destruction in a small area, without a speck on me - not comforting for the lady whose ankles were splashed with hot coffee. Sorry. Spent a few hours in the New Territories of Hong-Kong for a meeting, then jumped back on a plane for the London leg.

I am glad to be back (it's been nearly four weeks) and I have lots of packages waiting for me - CDs (e.g. Tropicalismo/Tropicalia), DVDs (Japanese & Chinese cinema) and books (Kapuzcinski & Saramago) - as well as a big family bash tomorrow (get to see my little nieces and my not-so-little nephews), but I already have slightly itchy feet.

I like to hobo.

Stroll on, Fearless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home