The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Naya zindagi, naya jeevan*

* 'New way, new life'

First full day in Taipei, very nearly missed thanks to my predilection for deep sleep, albeit punctured by a phone call in the early hours from the UK - my friendly mobile operator, confirming that my mobile number change has gone through ( a text message would have been enough). That I am now down to one mobile (the other contract being terminated through lack of use) is sheer bliss, and now only work and the ClosestOfTheCloseâ„¢ can get hold of me. With the landline also being ditched in favour of a SkypeIn number, I have much more control and pay an awful lot less. Naya zindagi, naya jeevan (barring the pending sex change).

Spent late afternoon in Taipei's top tea shop. Was treated to a tasting session and told that I could stop by for free tea whenever in town - I don't even have to buy any more tea. The sweet guy gave me great advice (and a practical lesson) on brewing tea the Chinese way, as well as tips on how to make the best fruit tea.

People are just great.

Even assholes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home