The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, April 29, 2006

A documentary-fest (of sorts)

I have a love for documentary films. One of my favourites was a BBC documentary from the Storyville strand - 'Life and Debt in Jamaica'. It's been described by one critic as one of the best documentaries ever made. I don't know about that, but it combines excellent journalism with music and the texts of Jamaica Kincaid. There's more about it here, and an article by Linton Kwesi Johnson.

I couldn't find out from the BBC if the film was available, but it has been on DVD for over a year - and on its way to me, as well as 'The Agronomist' and 'Death in Gaza' - the doc that concluded with the murder of its filmmaker, James Miller.

But I am over 5000 miles and two weeks away from my post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home