The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Bye China, hello Korea

Beijing was something of a missed opportunity, but I will be back in late June. Tianjin also - especially the restaurant with the amazing floral tea and 100 different kinds of dumplings.

Shanghai was a blur. Just two days in town. I did however manage to catch up with GT, but I wasn't able to get him to wet himself again at TMSK. As usual, he picked an excellent restaurant. The 5.30am start the next day for Seoul was painful, and I discovered that the stewardesses for China Eastern airlines are not well known for their juggling skills (coz they can't, I found out, as hot coffee streamed across the ether towards me).

Actually, I think I have covered three of the four Chinese cities that report directy into the central government rather than the provincial government. That leaves Chongqing. Not sure I could find a reason to visit, unless I took some vacation time.

Now in Seoul with three days off - two, as I must spend a day preparing for meetings (the Ritz-Carlton is swish, but I shudder at the cost for my company - well, almost). I want to go to the DMZ, but it can wait until I am back in June. At least I managed to catch up with JO last night for dinner and plenty of Korean sake - a more bitter, sour concoction than the Japanese version.

I think today I will go to Itaewon and Dongdaemun Market and check out some threads and tunes. There are also a couple of Pakistani restaurants in Itaewon - I wonder if the Pak-based crime syndicates working in Korea have a 'franchise' there? I can't wait to check it out and cause some mischief.

Shouts out to: Da Bomb, D, Cistern Kid, the iPod Perv & Mia

Lone bullet to: the mini mughul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home