The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Is censorship...

...regional or brand-specific? My blog was blocked in Beijing this week (at the Kerry Centre and Tianhong Plaza), and has previously been blocked in Shanghai (at the Zhongyou and Bao An Hotels in Pudong). Now, at the Purple Mountain hotel in Pudong, as Johnny Nash would sing, 'I can see clearly now'. I can also read the news pages on the BBC website - who would have an affair with John Prescott? It's too fantastical! Maybe I want the news to be blocked again?

'Girl with a laptop' (I don't know her name, but I think it begins with a 'K') appears to be in NZ with a job, so no longer fashionably unoccupied, but doubtless still going clickety-click, tap-tap-tap (which sounds a bit like an internet scat). Anyway, her sister/PR manager and myself have exchanged enough compliments about 'K' (from my side, I think she's cute, but am very glad she didn't hit me).

Right, time for lunch, then that meeting...

Listening to: John Coltrane, Buckshot LeFonque & The Cassandra Complex

Thinking about writing: 'The Time of the Rebeccas', ostensibly because Tosh told me to, on the basis that in one day last week I had contact with three ladies called Rebecca (Dorta, Miller & Stavros) - that's excluding another Rebecca (Woolley) a week earlier. If it was two, that would be a coincidence; three, a conspiracy; four, government policy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home