The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Acrobats at play

Last night I saw Collectif Acrobatique de Tangier at the Queen Elizabeth Hall (after handing one of my cards - with a hastily written short-short poem on the back - to a girl who, with powered-up laptop and coffee in tow, transported me from the idyll of the South Bank straight back to the office environment. No, I don't think she liked the poem I left her, but then it did drop a hint as subtle as a housebrick).

The acrobats were gentle and lithe-humoured, backing their feats with chanting and singing in Arabic, almost like a Sufi Qawwal. The troupe of 12 consisted of ten men and two ladies, who were the stars of the show, as well as the barrel-chested strongman - yes, he did have a fairly bushy moustache (must be mandatory).

It was the first time since my childhood where I have involuntarily uttered the word 'wow' at a public performance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh.. Hi anyway.

Sis of girl with laptop (believe it or not, she's standing beside me) http://regolith311.livejournal.com

apologies for having reminded you of the office...

12:05 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home