The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Monday, April 10, 2006

The lost weekend

I have just returned from a long weekend in Krakow. Beautiful people, beautiful weather. Unfortunately, both the iPod Perv and Cistern Kid decided to turn themselves into human distilleries for the duration.

It was a markedly different trip to my last stay in Poland. During New Years, I spent time in Gdansk, Szeczin and Soport, and met several young professionals preparing to leave Poland, mostly due to the cost of living, but also the blurring between State and Church, resulting in authoritarian pronouncements and some homophobia.

The Krakow trip, in contrast, was like being on the outside looking in. I felt like just another tourist - and I hate that feeling.

Listening to: Kirsty MacColl, Bucketheads, ELO and Chet Baker

Looking for: my pants

Working on: home admin - bills, booking tickets and voting (of members to the council of Liberty) - but also finding my pants

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home