The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, December 18, 2005

More than a passing thought

I have been thinking for a while about what car to get as a replacement to the jolly green tank (170,000 miles +) next year. I considered several modern options, ostensibly as my sole mode of transport. However, I am thinking of getting a Dagenham dustbin (Focus) or Luton Loo roll (Astra) to run into the ground for work, and one of the following for fun.

Lancia Aurelia


Datsun 240Z

BMW 2002

Alfa Romeo Montreal

If I don't do it next year, I never will. There are a few other alternatives, but I quite fancy the Datsun 240/260. Better wait for the remaining points to vanish from my license.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A real man, suffering a mid-life crisis, builds his own classic car.See here for details!!:

http://www.chesiloutlaw.com

2:35 pm

 
Blogger Anne Marie said...

I like the Lancia Aurelia. Where can you buy those, anyway? (I'd never heard of them before today! ;X

Ani xx

9:32 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

Simon

I think you mean:

'A man, suffering a real mid-life crisis, shags his own classic car'

Fair point though. I too like nothing better than some traction action.

Ani,

You could get a magazine like 'Practical Classics' or 'Classic Car' or even 'Male Mid-Life Crisis Catalogue' from newsagents or large supermarkets. In the back they have lots of classic cars for sale.

Fearless

11:19 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home