The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, December 10, 2005

From the annals of bullshit revisionism

My last full day in Seoul. It's cold and windy, and I am stuck in the hotel room working. What's in the mini bar? Snacks for GI Joe of course - beef jerky. I'd rather have VD in the DMZ.

I think the hotel is a bit pants (I can't believe Kristof and D thought this was fine). I should have let my Korean contacts book something. However, kudos to the in-house dry cleaner for removing the blood stain from my tie.

CNN (tradename: Chicken Noodle News - it's fast, filling, but not very good) is celebrating its 25th birthday by playing past clips, e.g. the rescue of GI Jessica Lynch from a Baghdad hospital. Hmmm, I don't know about you, but didn't this rescue involve marines shooting at hospital walls and overpowering unarmed doctors and nurses, who had been looking after GI Lynch?

This is also the same channel that gets basic facts wrong, e.g. Budapest is the capital of Romania (no it isn't, it's Bucharest).

I better pack. Off to Taipei tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmph, getting all hoity-toity are ya?! That hotel's too good for the likes of you. What about the bar on the top floor -- they had Prince Charles at some dodgy concert on the big screen when we stayed there. You can't say that's not class!

5:16 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

Listen, Holiday (Inn) whore, that hotel was pants. But I have been in an excellent hotel in Hsinchu and have just checked in at the Landis in Taipei - class.

Just a shame that I have back-to-back meetings and then homework (reports and email) before I get to sleep. It's like a giant tease.

I am glad that you and Papa Smurf Junior got your rocks off and had your Prince Charlie fetish satisfied.

Having a great trip, will see you back at the ranch next week. Take care, ciao, Fearless

P.S. Holiday Inn Seoul is shit - not helped by temperatures of minus 2 degrees celsius and 10-15MPH winds. My knackers are still defrosting.

2:24 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home