The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Monday, October 17, 2005

So!

I'm off to write some stuff - my heart is heavy with expression and my mindscape is a cavalcade of carnival images.

But until I have finished those pieces, here are two oldies:

'Two Rings'

One restaurant.
Two almost but not quite lovers.
A duo of Christmas crackers.
Two nervous smiles,
two pulls;
two plastic rings.
One laced with hearts,
the other,
with a question mark.
The entire relationship,
summed up
by pieces of plastic.

12th March 2004

and this one, just over a year old:

'Rear-View Blue'


My baby's got demons,
plaguing her
with questions
she cannot answer.
Her lack of trust
in her feelings,
instincts.
Her fear,
her past -
the memories
that will last -
and not be drowned out.

My baby's got demons.
Cringe O'clock
Cold
Scared O'clock
Senseless
Fear O'clock
Frozen
Terror O'clock
Torture
Tick-tock,
tick-tock,
as my baby
wills
her heart
to stop.


My baby's got demons,
but she won't talk to me.
I can't wield a sword
without direction
to end the misery.


My baby's got demons,
so I step over,
to the other side,
walking
amongst the shadows
of the feral, venal,
trying to grasp
an explanation
for logical madness
from the darkness.


My baby's got demons.
Baby suffers
because of me.
I am my baby's demon,
and I have to set her free.


10th October 2004

It's never the end; just always a beginning.


Listening to: Gil Scott-Heron, Nikki Giovanni, Ishmael Reed & Wanda Robinson

Looking for: my notebook

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to check how does it work

4:46 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it possible - would it work?

4:47 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

Would 'what' work?
Could you elaborate please?

5:50 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home