The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Aftermath

My nieces, Sophia & Natasha, came to visit yesterday. While it is always great to see them, I am filled with a degree of trepidation as I always wonder what parts of the house have been sabotaged or booby trapped. Yesterday the girls played with make-up. I woke up this morning to discover (a bit too late) that my shaving brush is covered in rouge.

It doesn't go with my eyes.

I also caught a few moments of the 'Heaven and Earth' show (why isn't it called the 'Heaven & Hell on Earth Show?'). They asked a Muslim lady, who had lost some relatives in the Kashmir earthquake, if she had her faith tested or if it helped. I don't quite understand the question. Isn't faith an ongoing conversation, where you challenge, provoke, test and rely, much like a friendship?

I'm not religious, but if people are losing faith, what of God's faith in his/her/its creation? Is it time for a divorce? Could a Relate counsellor patch up God's relationship with humankind?

Does it matter?

Should we instead believe in ourselves and eachother just a little bit more, and stop blaming it on Heaven & Hell Enterprises Limited?

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda Corby said...

Hi There
Nice blogger!
I am back again, my autobiography is now out there, and I have re-published my fairy stories, they can be previewed at http://www.lulu.com/lindacorby Have fun and keep up the good work!

9:39 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There
Nice blogger!
I am back again, my autobiography is now out there, and I have re-published my fairy stories, they can be previewed at http://www.lulu.com/lindacorby Have fun and keep up the good work!

9:42 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home