The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, November 01, 2009

So if you weren't studying, then what did you do?

After meaning to do so for over ten years (and replacing the copy I gave to Emma), I finally managed to read 'Heart of Darkness' by Conrad. An amazing book, even though on one read, I have barely scratched the surface of it. Something to reread after a period of reflection.

Perhaps I should now reread 'Exterminate All the Brutes' by Sven Lindqvist, an account of European imperialism and brutality.

BBC R4's Analysis
The most recent installment asked whether secrecy was a good thing or not. I was disappointed to find that it limited itself to civil service whistleblowers and the like, rather than asking itself whether British society would really want to know about how things actually get done; realpolitik, if you will. Then again, I guess that's more in the realm of 'ignorance' than 'secrecy'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home