The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Those 'WTF?' moments

You know them. I had three today.

  1. A cousin I have only ever met once for about one hour (when I was 9yo) may be coming to visit soon. He is apparently part of the UN effort in Kosovo. That's all I know. I feel like an armoured Travelodge.
  2. A stranger asked me how I could mistake K'Nex for Kleenex in an email reply. Well, I was tired and in a hurry (unsure as to whether the email was going to form a conversation there and then, or just a shot in the dark, awaiting a possible later response). But that answer is quite boring, so I didn't really use it. Instead, I went with giving the impression of being a giant asshole. Also, her (methinks she is female) use of K'Nex was in response to a part of a post where I mentioned Meccano as a basis for penile scaffolding, so methinks the lady doth protest too much.
  3. I am reading some notes I scribbled hours before walking up Guanghua Lu in Beijing the week before last, on my way to a trade jolly at the British Embassy. I had learnt through preliminary research that our current ambassador was previously chairman of the JIC (yes, the late Dr. David Kelly, Iraq war, etc - that JIC), some time after the infamous John Scarlett. My notes refer to Ferrero Rocher, orange jumpsuits, flying to Cuba in extra-rendition class, and offering someone sweet choccie balls to kiss. I am assuming these were for a poem, and not topics for small talk to use with the ambassador. Unfortunately, I was seated at his table, but fortunately, behaved myself.

Right, back to work.

Three films tomorrow at the LFF and the chance to stuff the iPod Perv at J. Sheekey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home