The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Friday, August 01, 2008

Rank Nonsense...

Today, Henley Management College formerly merges with the University of Reading to become the Henley Business School (I still prefer 'Management College' if only because I feel 'B School' is a much devalued term and because of Henley's founding as the 'Administrative Staff College' in 1945). The most recent Economist MBA WW rankings are below:


Henley comes out really well (no, I can't figure out how the U of Florida made it to #1 on distance-learning, as that is quite a different offering to the other providers listed).
How will it shape up a year or so from now? Will the merger-justifying investment be realised? I hope so. I have actually grown very fond of the place (not just because it is 12 miles from my front door).
Disclaimer: all rankings are nonsense. The FT rankings are different, and one must determine the methodology used, and see if it chimes in with one's own requirements and values.
'Knowledge is power'. Pah!
Learning is living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home