The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Thursday, October 23, 2008

But wait!

A message received from a stranger today has got me thinking - about him/her, but also about me and where I may be.

While I do that, here is an excerpt of lyrics from Soft Machine's 'Moon in June' - specifically the version recorded for BBC's 'Top Gear' in the late 1960s.


Now, I love your eyes
See how the time flies
I think it's so great
You seem to change your fate
By working and playing
Something new in every way
Can be yours in a day
But I wonder...what I'm really saying


I like the gentleness and honesty in those lyrics. Robert Wyatt's voice never sounded so perfectly matched to a song.

Time for a wank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home