The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, August 24, 2008

What u doin', Wozzy Boy?

Well, mostly I have been revising by working through the three case studies I was given on (not for) my 37th birthday. That just takes the biscuit.

Four binders, three text books in entirety plus two note pads, focused on the cases through the Henley lens (perhaps).


Two done and one left to go - if only for a quick scan before tomorrow's group meeting.

After the 3rd of September, i'll have to find the time to tidy up and get back to editing the back catalogue of poetry.


It's important to redress the work-life balance.

My September reading list? Glad you asked. I was thinking of:
  • Finishing 'Oracle Bones' by Peter Hessler
  • 'A Time for Gifts' by Patrick Leigh-Fermor
  • 'Travels with Herodotus' by Ryszard Kapuscinski
  • 'Knots' by RD Laing (I have obtained a 1971 copy withdrawn from Leeds University)
  • 'Violence' by Slavoj Zizek
  • 'Why Globalisation Works' by Martin Wolf (better than the dreadful 'The World is Flat' by Friedman)
  • Essay entitled 'End of Dreams, Return of History' by Neocon Robert Kagan (I like to know what those pesky so and sos are thinking)
  • Possibly finishing Tim Harford's 'Undercover Economist' and Whelan's 'Naked Economics'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home