The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Lordy Lordy, Holy Moley

My suitcase has finally expired. Less than a year old, on this current trip it has sustained serious scuffing, a sizeable dent (it is a reasonably hard-shelled case) and the zip is damaged. I have now replaced it with a gorgeous Samsonite case, offering 4-wheel drive, traction control, etc.

So what of Taipei? We purchased a lot of stuff. 13 World cinema DVDs (£1-5 apiece) and electronics gizmos (iPod for a mate and a mini voice recorder for myself). OK, not so bad - until you consider what I picked up in Beijing (two cashmere suits, four shirts, cashmere coat & 'genuine fake' merchandise). I have really taken the piss (but it was about time).

Now I have to get it back, along with my clothes and paperwork. Before that, it has to go with me to Seoul tomorrow, and then Tokyo mid-week. I'll be ok as long as I don't buy anything in Seoul & Tokyo...but then, I said that about Taipei.

Thank God for Fed-Ex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home