The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Monday, August 28, 2006

Inn the Park @ St. James's Park

I had the pleasure of dining at Inn the Park last night in the terrific company of Dom & Da Bomb. I received a wicked birthday present (thanks guys), the food was great, and I also picked up a copy of 'New & Collected Poems 1964-2006' by Ishmael Reed (look out for 'Conjure III' coming out on Blue Note).

I didn't realise that Inn the Park was part of the same group as Mash, which has sadly turned to shit. Oh well....

Listening to: 'Compared to What' by Les McCann & Eddie Harris at Montreux 1969. A song penned by Eugene McDaniels, taking a pot shot at Nixon. Totally relevant now, as then.

Looking for: 'Headless Heroes of the Apocalypse' by Eugene McDaniels

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thank you Sir - the food was fabulous, the company stunning, the conversation stimulating and the post dinner texting exquisite!!!

1:02 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

Hey Lady

Thanks for a great evening, especially Dom's advice on what I could do with a jar of marmalade!

Wozzy

1:38 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I didn't like to mention the marmalade incident but frankly it had me worried. You are both grown men for god's sake - there's a time and a place for that sort of sticky business.

E
xxxx

3:25 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

My knife got all sticky and my butter mountain melted, but as soon as he mentioned marmite, I called the whole thing off.

x

4:52 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home