The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ghosts driving Nissans...

'A.M. at the roundabout at 6PM'

I had explained him out of my thoughts, presuming him dead - or at least, in some kind of drug-induced vegetative state, rocking and drooling within a sterile cocoon.

And I was almost right. It was a Nissan 200sx coupe, actually. He pulled up alongside me at the roundabout by Sainsbury's in Calcot - just off the M4 J12 at Reading. A face I could spot within a tide of humanity. Neanderthal man. Perpetually perplexed, whether battling the traffic, or discerning between left and right, arse and elbow.

We loved him, we lost him. He drove on, exiting roundabout right.

The Magic Bed, Reading, 18th August 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home