The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Wozzy Wobble

A week heavy with the threat of a relapse. Slurred speech, sleepless nights, nerves firing impulses, fingertip twitches floundering, etc, etc. Thankfully not the virus of old - just a revisit of old side effects. It appears that my body - aware that I did not have to travel during August - decided to let it all go. All (?) I have to do now is to ease off the gas pedal and coast awhile. I have another 4-5 weeks before I teararse v-longhaul again.

In this new phase of steadiness, I spent the day helping Jonathan construct a mini-adventure playground and slide for Taran, while eating him out of house and home. He gave me some interesting feedback from his Israeli colleagues on the current situation in the Middle East. Not positive.

Went to the CAMRA beer festival at Earls Court yesterday. It was bigger and busier than last years event at Olympia, but more impersonal. I think i'll stick to the CAMRA event in Reading, where people are more willing to break out of their cliques & comfort zones to engage with others.

Listening to: vinyl (DAB hi-fi still in the repair shop)

Working on: bugger all squared. Am clearing out lots of poetry mags - such a lot of total w*nk.

Bye bye's to: Annie, as she heads off to pastures new

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home