The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bang bang bang!

Earlier today I went to see the Master Drummers of Africa, with members from Zambia, Guinea, Nigeria, Ghana and Mozambique. The first half of the show was biased towards children, several of whom (with drums) joined the performers on the stage. The second half involved several adult members of the audience enacting the story of the birth of the night. In front of 900 people, I played the part of Fire (interestingly, as I am a Leo). It was great fun, and I would recommend that people check out the rest of the African Music Festival. Things are tight, but I hope to catch Tony Allen - one of the godfathers of Afro-Beat - and Samba Sunda, in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home