The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Friday, June 17, 2005

Frig & Flip

Managed to get a suit in Reading - didn't fancy going all the way into Knightsbridge this weekend. Also got a copy of 'Catch as Catch Can' - a collection of Joseph Heller short stories, including two chapters which didn't make it into 'Catch-22', plus a copy of 'Herzog' by Saul Bellow.

Also got a new suitcase to replace the one I destroyed on my return from San Francisco. This one is what can loosely be termed as 'distinctive' so I won't lose it at Narita airport next weekend (fingers and legs crossed).

It's been a beautifully breezy day. K called back and we have agreed to meet on Monday, following last night's postponement. Da Bomb was wonderful (as usual), and I even managed to catch a jar with Fayyez at his boozer the Corn Stores. Even my trip to the printers was warm and hilarious.

I have stacks to write this weekend, so i'll start that tomorrow, but for now, I need an ice cold glass of lassi and a copy of The Believer.

I hope Briggsy likes the birthday presents I got him. Stimulating, if not provocative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home