The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Friday, June 17, 2005

Found it!

'Pretender to the Throne'

I saw Elvis today,

jivin' down the street

in blue suede feet.

He looked all shook up.

Curious, and mindful

of local history,

I surmised an identity crisis -

the picture of himself,

clutched in trembling hand,

confirmed it.

My streetscene analysis

floated away with grey clouds,

as he strode towards

his rightful place

on The Kings Road.

It rained, as did he.

12th April 2005, Reading

Between us boys, girls & ladyboys, I feel rather embarrassed. The poem took me 2 minutes to write, with 5 for the title, yet many poets slave for hours and days over a single poem. It's very humbling for me to get a place in a competition. I doff my panama hat to them for their dedication and perseverance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne Marie said...

Hey, I love this. It's you, and it's easy to see why it grabbed a prize! Congrats, you.

6:33 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

Thanks Sweetie, but now's the time to show us what you can really do. You have blog, so log, honey.

6:44 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home