The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend fidget

OK, so it pissed down, but I got to catch the latest Alain 'Hiroshima Mon Amour' Resnais film, 'Private Fears in Public Places', based on the play by Alan Ayckbourn (Resnais is a big fans of his, travelling to Scarborough to see the plays). Excellent production - I especially liked the shots of snow to frame the opening and closing of each major scene - that reminds me a bit of Nuri Bilge Ceylan's use of snow in his classic films 'Uzak' and 'Iklimler'.

Before that I caught 'The Seventh Seal' by Bergman for the first time. Quite different to what I had long imagined it to be like.

OK, now the food. I tried Mr. Jerk in Wardour Street, Soho. I can recommend the curried mutton with rice and peas - big, hearty portions, and the mutton was just right. I also tried the meatballs at Gaby's on Charing X Road - lovely taste.

Stationery. Yep, paper (Clairefontaine, Rhodia, Moleskine) and pens (Lamy and others) at Bureau (my new suppliers) on Great Newport Street, just yards aay from the Photographer's Gallery - home of the Keith Arnatt exhibition (even the photos of dog turds were interesting).

Writing: a poem about viral meningitis. A total rewrite, this time from the virus' point of view.

Reading: 'River Town'

Imagining: Herve Villechaize as Him and Gary Coleman as Satan (it's for a new poem, honest)

Listening to: early Funkadelic (again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home