The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Friday, February 16, 2007

Barcelona & BT Broadband Bummers

Back from Barcelona, collapsing into bed at 3am this morning. A week attending a trade show/conference, feeling sleep deprived, ending with a diverted plane, missing luggage, hot spurty coffee and roadworks. Still, it was fun to be with colleagues Shaggy, Tarquin, Doris, Dad, D and Funny Face. I'll be going back in a couple of months for a private retreat.

And two weeks on, my broadband is still up the creek. Before I called BT, I switched router/modems, new microfilters, swapped laptops, cables and tried the test socket. After calling them at their request, they got me to do the same stuff again. One call centre staffer asked me to keep the modem attached to the test socket for 6 hours, as 'it takes time for the modem to catch the signal' - utter bollocks.

I then emailed them while away to explain that the situation was unresolved. They left me contradictory messages - emails confirming that they knew the problem was outstanding, and voice texts telling me the problem was fixed. Earlier today they agreed to get an engineer out, then four hours later I was called to be told my service is working (patently not the case).

BT customer service - more mystery than an episode of 'Columbo'

Listening to: The Long Blondes, Camera Obscura, The Divine Comedy & Third World

Writing: nothing - i'm tired

About to watch: Barbet Schroeder's doc on Idi Amin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home