The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, September 17, 2006

We made it

Kristof and I were concerned whether we'd make it to Beijing, given that we reckoned we could be up to 20kg above our allowance on Air China (the airline charges £25 per kg of excess). I managed to halve my regular baggage weight, and that plus the kit, put me ~10kg overweight. Finding refuge in the radiantly warm smile of the check-in attendant, the excess fee was waived and I was given a great seat (while Kristof had to sit next to Mama Haystacks).

We have just returned from dining at the Jiuhuashan Roast Duck Restaurant in Haidian district, listed as the place for the 'best Peking duck in town' in the spreadsheet available on Harris Salat's blog. The duck meat was tender (not dry as it so often is in the UK) and the fat was crisp, but not burnt.

All I need to do now is to find a guide for Shanghai, Shenzhen & Tianjin. Perhaps the Orchid in Ealing could assist me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home