The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Blair: 'they love me, they love me not...'

Comparisons are being made between Blair & Thatcher, i.e. three time election winner, set to be deposed by disgruntled MPs. But there are differences. One of the key ones - not picked up by commentators thus far - is how party members and activists feel. The 'Tory faithful' didn't want Thatcher to go, but what about the New Labour commissars?

Before anyone questions my politics, I stress that I believe in the preservation of civil liberties, human rights, free market economics, mass immigration, but also State involvement in transport, health, as well as support for those in poverty (you will note that I don't advocate tax cuts, as the money has to come from somewhere).

But who can I vote for that meets the above and is competent?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home